• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Hotmail Exchange Help

GlitchZero

So, my account using the standard Exchange ActiveSync settings works fine on my Milestone, but as soon as I try this, I get all the way to "Name this account" and hit Finish Setup and it says;

"Failed to create the account.
Please try again later."

Wtf? Lol this is just annoying. Anyone else had any issues with Hotmail AC / this new Sense?

Ok well thanks for all the help, 100 viewers, awesome support.

For anyone ELSE having this issue, the only workaround right now seems to be using Touchdown for Android 2.0 (free 30 day trial in the Market) and it will pull down your email.

Apparently the answer is no, no one else has had any issues like yours. Sorry. No need to get snippy about it, sheesh.

If this was an advertised feature, then you shouldn't have any problems getting help from your provider. Good luck!

Not being snippy, I just don't understand how 100 people can check a thread and not one person can recommend something, even if they didn't have the same issue.

There is several mentions about this over at XDA as a recognized by HTC problem, which I found after looking here.

The frustration is it's not an advertised feature from my provider, but from HTC themselves, who have been less than useless with "please restart the phone. Maybe don't use Hotmail." like those are somehow solutions.

Maybe a noob question..but is there a reason for going thru the Exchange Activesync? I'm guessing it's to port contacts over and whatnot..but when I set up my Hotmail I just set it up as POP/IMAP.

I had the same problem, did lots of searching to find some people experience the issue and some don't, seems almost pot luck!

I had to use a workaround and install the Improved Email app, have to say it's very good, shows all folders etc.

Hope this helps, though I'm not answering your actual query sorry!

@Rickroller, it's full push, as opposed to 5 minute polling or whatever. Coming from BB, it's good to have true push back that isn't GMail, as I hate GMails app, interface, and just in general. If I had known when I got my first Android device that I could've linked my hotmail email to Googles stuff instead of creating a GMail, I definitely would've.

@danwill I believe that's what I did, is it Email.apk and looks like Vanilla Android?

Found another fix, if you download the 2.2 Stock Email app (just google 2.2 Email.apk) it's the Vanilla Android email app and will work fine (which is why it worked on my Milestone, as it had Vanilla 2.1). Works great, and doesn't have that stupid Exchange 2010 issue, AND you don't have to pay for it like TouchDown.

Just to let others know that read this thread, the issue has something to do with Exchange 2010 demanding password / PIN protection on devices. The Vanilla Android app was somehow programmed to circumvent this security feature (probably for things like Hotmail and whatnot that have Exchange but don't demand such high security features) but HTCs was not.

To be completely honest, the stock Email applications Delete / Reply All buttons being along the bottom are much easier than the Mails Menu > Delete system. The only big thing is the icon doesn't match, but I skin my apps to look like Vanilla 2.0 Android icons anyways, so it fits right in.

Back
Top Bottom