• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hotspot Disabled by Carrier

ibtaya

Lurker
First post, new Android user from iphone4. No reason, just tired of paying Att.

So I know this phone will support being a hotspot. But when I enable it I get, "Turning On, setup data link"

I'm guessing that our local carrier has blocked this from their tiny network, but it is Android, so I was hoping someone someone could tell me how to unlock it.

I did find this article, but I'm unsure how to create another APN, or if that will do it. The local carrier is Bluegrass Cellular in KY.

Mobile 3G Hotspot on Motorola Milestone (Froyo 2.2) | Facebook

I should mention that I deal with technology everyday, so talk dirty to me, it's ok.

So I know this phone will support being a hotspot. But when I enable it I get, "Turning On, setup data link"

I'm guessing that our local carrier has blocked this from their tiny network, but it is Android, so I was hoping someone someone could tell me how to unlock it.

I did find this article, but I'm unsure how to create another APN, or if that will do it. The local carrier is Bluegrass Cellular in KY.

I should mention that I deal with technology everyday, so talk dirty to me, it's ok.

Root, then use either Barnacle Wifi Tether, or Wireless Tether :)

When I used mine as a hot spot the procedure was exactly the same - setting up, establishing data link. It took a few moments and then the hot spot was ready to be used.

Check the additional APN thing because AFAIR I had a separate one for tethering.

Back
Top Bottom