• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root hotspot

Buelled

Lurker
Download "Shortcut Master (Lite)" from Google Play store. Open the app and go to the options menu by clicking on the vertical 3 dots at the top right corner. Click on "Search...". Where it says "Enter text to search" at the bottom, type in "$apnsettingsactivity" without the quotes. The app name will be "Settings" and more detailed info about the app will show "com.android.settings.Settings$ApnSettingsActivity ". With my phone, it only popped up with that. If yours pops up with more apps after searching, just look for this field-> "com.android.settings.Settings$ApnSettingsActivity ". Click on it and click "Launch". Now you will be in the APNs window. Select the APN that is in use (bubbled in). Now you will be in the Edit access point window. Scroll down and look for "APN type". Select that and put in the field that pops up "default,mms,dun" without the quotes. Click "OK". Now, I believe the final step is to restart your phone.

Just tried this and it works!!! Just for backup references.. the default APN Type says "default,mms,hipri" or atleast it did for mine. I am typing this on my work laptop using my Zte Warp Elite as my tethering device.

Is there any way to keep up wifi while hotspot is on? I want to use my phone to extend the range of my router.

Alternatively is there any way to enable usb tethering without external app(most of them have proven themselves to be too unstable to be used in gaming)

Last edited:
I did it the way this guy did.
You add a profile with the app but still keep the existing one selected. I haven't really tested it out yet but when I switch it on it broadcasts and I can see it with my laptop.

I did it the way this guy did.
You add a profile with the app but still keep the existing one selected. I haven't really tested it out yet but when I switch it on it broadcasts and I can see it with my laptop.

Download "Shortcut Master (Lite)" from Google Play store. Open the app and go to the options menu by clicking on the vertical 3 dots at the top right corner. Click on "Search...". Where it says "Enter text to search" at the bottom, type in "$apnsettingsactivity" without the quotes. The app name will be "Settings" and more detailed info about the app will show "com.android.settings.Settings$ApnSettingsActivity ". With my phone, it only popped up with that. If yours pops up with more apps after searching, just look for this field-> "com.android.settings.Settings$ApnSettingsActivity ". Click on it and click "Launch". Now you will be in the APNs window. Select the APN that is in use (bubbled in). Now you will be in the Edit access point window. Scroll down and look for "APN type". Select that and put in the field that pops up "default,mms,dun" without the quotes. Click "OK". Now, I believe the final step is to restart your phone.

I did it but when I push launch it brings me to the apn thing but there's is nothing there.. nothing to click.

Back
Top Bottom