• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How am I using all this data?

I somehow used somewhere around 200MB data overnight while I was sleeping. It was connected to wifi and in my wifi settings I have it set to stay connected when sleeping. How did I use so much data?

I think it might have been AdBlock Plus, or maybe this Connections Optimizer setting in the phone (an option available under Mobile Networks).

I think either the Connections Optimizer was screwing it up somehow, or maybe AdBlock Plus and the way it filters what with the proxies and all... I have AdFree installed now. I didn't download any games at all and I haven't used the GPS since I've had the phone. Mail sure but mail checking should not eat up this much data. Especially since I was on WiFi...

On a side note, Root App Delete seems a wonderful thing to have. I can get rid of a lot of stuff that came with the phone that I don't need/want/use. Even the Connections Optimizer.

Probably background data. What I have done for my phone is to set up a tasker profile that when my device is not connected to wifi it will disable background syncing and when it reconnects to wifi it will enable background syncing.

Back
Top Bottom