• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How are the new LG phones better? LOL

joselaz

Looking through the metropcs website, might switch this LG spirit for another LG phone sometime soon. I noticed the Optimus F6 is the only one that has a 4.5 inch screen with a 1.2GHz processor, but it has 1.2gb of internal memory. The LG spirit has the same processor, and it is clocked at 1.512 GHz, I don't know about the F6. It also has a bigger internal memory. I understand that these phones are GSM, not CDMA, but just by looking at the specs on paper, I'm not too convinced.

I'll probably hang onto the LG Spirit until Metro no longer supports CDMA

I paid $159 thru wirefly after MIR, have a 4.5" screen, added a 32GB SD Card, Rooted the phone and removed most of the Bloatware, and after a few tweaks, AnTuTu Benchmarking is in the high low 17,000's - Faster than the Nexus 4 and almost as good as the S-3 and beats the S-3 in many categories and not just due to the smaller screen. I think if I tweak it a bit more I can get into the 18,000's

While a bigger screen would be nice, it would be too bulky for me to carry on a regular basis.
A better Camera would be nice, but if I want to take better quality pics I will use my 17MP digital camera.

Larger phones are more likely to be dropped from what I've read. IDK why Smartphones/cases don't have a provision for a lanyard so that you can loop one around your wrist while talking/texting.

Not being able to upgrade the Android OS is not a big deal to me either, but would be a nice option.

This device beats the heck out of devices costing 2-3x the price, like my old iPhone 4S

I pay the monthly promo that was offered last year and get unlimited calls and texts + 250MB of Data for $30.00

250MB of Data isn't that much, but I'm rarely out of WiFi range and I rarely go over 250MB Data.

When the LG Spirit came out, just about every online review called it the best bang for the buck mid-range smart phone.

Even though my LG Motion was only a few months old, I sold it and bought the LG Spirit when it came out so not only did I eventually get the $70.00 MIR, but I recouped most of the money I paid for my LG Motion so the upgrade cost me very little.

Some of my co-workers have also bought one after their contract with their carrier expired, and several iPhone owners are more than a bit envious, especially after learning how little this device cost.

This phone is plenty fast enough for my needs and does what I need it to do and does it well.
Far more stable than my iPhone as it would lock up or slow to a crawl, requiring a reboot.
And no more having to use that atrocious iTunes either.

IDK when Metro will drop CDMA support, but if I can find another no-contract carrier that supports CDMA, I might give them a try or just buy a GSM phone, but I think I have at least another year of CDMA support as I still see the Spirit being sold in Metro stores.

Needless to say, I like this phone a lot and think it was one of the best bargain smart phones and is much better than any of the LG Optimus phones currently offered by Metro.

The ALCATEL One Touch Fierce looks like a decent bargain phone, but no Gorilla Glass and very little internal storage are negatives.

IDK why they didn't go with Gorilla Glass which is too bad because even with the modest amount of internal storage, it appears to be a great $99.00 phone.

But LG hit a Home Run with the Spirit. It's just too bad that they will become obsolete within a year or two due to an eventual lack of support for CDMA

Since you mentioned antutu, allow me to show off a little lol. :p

Here's the antutu score on my Spirit. I can get the 19,000 with a couple more tweaks, but I'm fine with this...

Screenshot_2013-12-25-16-03-26.png

Since you mentioned antutu, allow me to show off a little lol. :p

Here's the antutu score on my Spirit. I can get the 19,000 with a couple more tweaks, but I'm fine with this...

Screenshot_2013-12-25-16-03-26.png

OK, what's your secret to getting into the high 18k's?

Looking through the metropcs website, might switch this LG spirit for another LG phone sometime soon. I noticed the Optimus F6 is the only one that has a 4.5 inch screen with a 1.2GHz processor, but it has 1.2gb of internal memory. The LG spirit has the same processor, and it is clocked at 1.512 GHz, I don't know about the F6. It also has a bigger internal memory. I understand that these phones are GSM, not CDMA, but just by looking at the specs on paper, I'm not too convinced.

I agree with the others! Hang on to your Spirit as long as possible! MetroPCS has yet to release a better LG phone! The Esteem, Connect and Spirit were a great start, and then they started to go downhill with subpar GSM LG phones. Smh. I miss the glory days.

Back
Top Bottom