• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How can I change an applications shortcut picture?

Hi

If you are using the standard Samsung Touchwiz launcher, I dont think you can. Many other launchers, such as Apex, Nova, HoloHD (my favourite) etc do allow you to do this and a ot more to customize your home pages. Install one from the playstore, they are free (at least the base versions) and can be uninstalled easily. Its just like using any other app.

Roger

Upvote 0
Any idea how I can change the shortcut picture for various applications. I use handcent and there recent update had changed the shortcut. I also want to change a free others as well. Didn't see anything using Google

I believe there is a module that you can install through X-posed Framework called System UI Icon that will change app icons within Touch-Wiz; though I think you have to be rooted. I haven't used it myself so I can't vouch for it but you can look HERE for more details.

For more information about X-Posed Framework look HERE.

Plus there is a whole plethora of other modules to choose from once you've rooted and installed X-Posed Framework.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
I believe there is a module that you can install through X-posed Framework called System UI Icon that will change app icons within Touch-Wiz; though I think you have to be rooted. I haven't used it myself so I can't vouch for it but you can look HERE for more details.

For more information about X-Posed Framework look HERE.

Plus there is a whole plethora of other modules to choose from once you've rooted and installed X-Posed Framework.

Thanks very much. Installed it no problem but you have to purchase the universal icon pack to change the various apps icons

Upvote 0
Shame its not like Windows where you right click and go to properties and then change the folder icon. I'm running a galaxy s5 themed rom on TW which is great so I'll live with it.

Cheers anyway!

That's basically how Nova Launcher works. You long press the shortcut, choose edit, and pick a new icon from icon packs or a pic on your phone. And you could theme it to look like the S5 launcher still if you wanted. The Touchwiz launcher is really limited on what you can do.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones