• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How can I group message ?

Z

ZionGate

Hi,

I have a non-rooted HTC One S (Android 4.1.1) and I'm using the stock messaging app for SMS. However, when I'm sending group texts by selecting several recipients, responses are received in the individual threads I have with each recipient and not in the "mass thread". Also, when someone sends me an obvious group text ("Hey all") I can't tell who the other recipients are and can't respond to them all, only to the original sender.

From what I could gather, it's the normal (sucky) behaviour of the stock app. My question is which app could replace the stock app and enable those missing features ? I want an app that is able to do that wether the group texts go to or come from various Android phones or iPhones, and don't require its installation on every phone involved. Does such an app exist ?

I hope my post was clear,
Thanks for your help !

I just tested Handcent, GoSMSPro (disabling split conversations and enabling group MMS) and Hangouts, and none of them works for me. I keep receiving group texts as I always do as an individual thread and no ability to see and respond to other recipients.

Do all these 3rd party apps need Android 4.2 in order to work, or am I doing something wrong ?

Back
Top Bottom