• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How can i root my Oppo AX7?

agiab33

Lurker
Hello i have an oppo AX7 (model number is CPH1903) i really want to root it i Have a MacBook Air running BootCamp Windows 10 as my OS i tried pressing the OEM unlocking under developer options and enabling USB debugging using kingoorot on windows i got too around 80% then it said root failed any ideas?

not sure why you want to root your phone. there is no development community for it.

no dev community= no fun.

there is very little info about your phone.

this is all i can find:
https://howto-android.com/how-to-root-the-oppo-ax7/

its not very informative unfortunately.

i also am not familiar with your phone. what android os does it have?

it is running colorOS 5.2 which is just a tweaked version of android 8.1.0 thanks for your quick response

kernel version is 4.9.82 if that helps android patch level 5 may 2019

i just want to root my phone

Quite frankly the last Oppo that was easy to root, and very importantly had a good development community for it, was the Find 7 four or five years ago. Pretty much any Oppo phone since then, it's good luck, you're on your own, e.g. the AX7. And it's already been stated, NO development community = NO fun.

Oppo and Vivo phones are just not good for rooting at all now

Last edited:
i just want to root my phone
not every phone is rootable. my note 8 version is not rootable at the moment. i doubt they will ever find an exploit to gain root on it.

when you buy a phone, do some research first.....especially if you want to root your phone. head on over to xda developers and search for your new device. if there is a forum there then you are good to go. xda is where most of your developers hang out. it is also where they will publish their goodies.

like mikedt said:
"no dev= no fun"

Last edited:
Oppo and Vivo phones are just not good for rooting at all now

I currently have an Oppo and a Vivo and I can confirm that. Both are from the same parent company, they make new phones so fast that no one would bother creating and maintaining stable ROMs for those phones as they become obsolete in no time.

Back
Top Bottom