• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help how can I stop my voice notes from playing in music player..

I've searched & cant fine an answer. I get so annoyed when something I recorded on the voice recorder, ends up in my music cycle. Is there a way to stop this? The recordings arent even in the music folder when I go in2 my files.

You might try this:
rename the folder using a period as it's first character.

or place a file in that folder, a blank file named .nomedia

that should make it work.

You could also, after the 2 steps above,

Go to settings - apps - gallery
Clear cache, clear data, force close

Go to settings - apps - media storage

Good Luck!

Upvote 0
You might try this:
rename the folder using a period as it's first character.

or place a file in that folder, a blank file named .nomedia

that should make it work.

You could also, after the 2 steps above,

Go to settings - apps - gallery

Go to settings - apps - media storage

Good Luck!

Forgive me, but how do I create a blank file? And if I add a "." In front of the folder name instead, will my voice notes still be saved there?

Upvote 0

Forgive me, but how do I create a blank file? And if I add a "." In front of the folder name instead, will my voice notes still be saved there?

create a text file using any text editor or your voice notes app. or, you could look for a small file, and copy it there and rename it to anything so rename it to .nomedia
you can create a folder and name it to .nomedia

yes, you can still use the note program that you still use your voice notes app like before cause it is linked to that folder by default already. you should be able to rename the present folder name and add a peoriod before the current name.

Try the voice note app to see that it still finds the folder. The "dot" before a filename just makes the folder stay out of the android "search" list when the system is doing background housekeeping chores, etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones