• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How do/Can you upgrade HBOOT?

jiggaDROID

When I reboot in recovery, it looks like my HBOOT version in .77. Someone in one of the threads mentioned that .77 and .79 were floating around as the safe options. How can I upgrade HBOOT versions, and with everything running fine, is there any benefit to upgrading? I'm running unrevoked forever, second wave rom, and newest radio leak if that matters.

Easy, just install the desired 'PM31G$##' whatever file in the sd-root and go into hboot, select volume-up=yes to install and follow instructions.......nothing to it, that been said do some research and be sure of what you are doing because there is the everpresent possibility to fu&%^* it up. I was running the SR 2.5.1 rom, 2.15.00.07.28 radio, S-OFF and what not but decided to try one of those new leaked Froyos version 3.21.605.1 which required the 92HBOOT., installed the whole thing in about 10 minutes and is running fast and stable, still using the Sense thingy and of course a Hydra overclocked kernel. Good Luck !

Back
Top Bottom