• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How do i fix this

yungree

Nov 7, 2012
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\sdk-tools> adb reboot bootloader
'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

How do i make adb recoginezable??? lol

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\sdk-tools> adb reboot bootloader
'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

How do i make adb recoginezable??? lol

That must not be the correct location of your sdk-tools folder. The error you are receiving means that the directory you are running the command from doesn't contain adb.

If you have windows 7, the easiest way is to browse your computer to the sdk-tools folder. Hold shift and then right click on the sdk-tools folder and choose "open command window here".

That will open up command prompt with it already set to that directory.

Otherwise, look to see exactly where your sdk-tools folder is and type the command:
cd "location of sdk-tools"
with location of sdk-tools being the exact path to the folder.

Upvote 0
im at the step where i gotta type
adb reboot bootloader
and everytime i type it that message apperes

I understand. The reason you are getting the error is because adb is not in the location that is specified in your command prompt.

Your directory is this:
c:\sdk-tools>

If you open my computer then go to C: is there a folder in there called sdk-tools?

Your directory needs to be exactly where your sdk-tools folder is. I know the instructions say C:\sdk-tools but you must not have extracted it to that exact location.

Like I said in my last post, the easiest way (if you have windows 7) is to browse the computer and shift+right click on the sdk-tools folder and choose open command window here.

adb doesn't exist in the current location you have specified. You need to specify the proper directory that actually has adb and fastboot.

Upvote 0
I don't know what else to say.... The error message speaks for itsself. It's an unrecognized command because adb isn't in the location that the directory is set to.

Open all folders until you actually see adb and fastboot. Then go back one time, hold shift and right click on the folder that adb and fastboot are in.
Choose open command window here.

Then type adb reboot bootloader....
I don't know what else to say?? That's all I have. The message that command prompt is returning is pretty straightforward.
I'm 99% sure that you are trying to run the command from the wrong directory.

I hope you can get it figured out :)
I don't want to abandon you but I don't really have any other advice I can offer...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones