• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do I get links to work on my emails on the email app?

I have recently bought a Google Nexus 7 (2103) and use it to access my Yahoo email account through the email app already uploaded to it. I often get sent links to sites but the hyperlinks do not work on my tablet. How can I enable the links to work, or if that isn't possible how do I copy and paste links from the app?

I tried a few tests and all properly formed URL's come through as hyperlinks, so you might want to see if there is a setting in the email app to disable hyperlinks. It might be under general or security settings.

To select the link, simply press and hold on it. It should select it and you'll find copy at the top of the page.

You might try using the gmail app, which now will accept additional non-gmail accounts in the latest version. It's nice to have all my email in one location. :)

Upvote 0
A 2013 Nexus 7 should have been updated to Lollipop 5.0.1 by now. (Look in: Settings > About tablet > Android version). With the Lollipop update the default email client is now Gmail. So I'm assuming that's the email client you're using.

On both of our N7s and other devices, whether using the Gmail app or our preferred AquaMail app, hyperlinks in emails open with a tap. There is no option in Gmail to turn on/off hyperlinks.

So...I'm kinda stumped as to why hyperlinks don't open properly for you. Are you certain that this happens in *all* your email?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones