• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I get rid of an 'account action required' notification?

I have the Android Blu R1 phone. Today I installed the Google classroom app in preparation for the upcoming school year. It wouldn't allow me to access my account until I downloaded another app, which was called 'Google Apps Device Policy'. After reading all the things it can do without your permission, I decided it wasn't worth it and deleted both apps, Google Classroom and Google Apps Device Policy. But I still have the notification that says account action required. I can't swipe it. I have tried rebooting my phone (which makes all other notifications disappear) but this one just came back again after about a minute. This is making me very frustrated and I would greatly appreciate anyone who could help.

Go to settings >storage>cached data>clear cached data.
Settings>storage>apps>download manager clear data
Settings>storage>apps>google play store clear data.
Settings>storage>apps>google play services>manage space >clear data.
Settings>storage>apps>google services framework> clear data.
Wait some time until the data is reloaded.

Go to settings>scroll down to accounts>
Google, tap here and tap on account
name>three dot menu>tap here and remove account.
Return settings>scroll down to accounts
tap on this>add account>google,sign in with the
existing email ID and password.
Reboot device/restart device.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones