• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help how do I install an apk file?

cfh09

I had the Droid X keyboard installed on my Incredible, but I can't remember how I did it. With the update today, the keyboard is not working, so I uninstalled it. I got an apk file that is supposed to work on 2.2 downloaded onto my SD card, but I don't know what to do next to install the app. It's a zipped file. When I click on it (I'm using Linda File Manager), I get 2 folders. Can someone tell me what I should do next to install this keyboard. I can't live without it. It's so much better than the stock and I can't get used to Swype (which I also installed, but can't remember how). Ah, senior moments!

Usually you just click on the .apk file in your file manager program. Then use application manager to install it.

You have to have turned on allow outside apps too.

I'm lost. I did open one of the files and it said it was Latin, so I'm guessing I didn't download a correct file for the Droid X keyboard.

So my first request should probably be does anyone have the Droid X keyboard apk for the new 2.2 update?

Thanks for your help. This is so above me and I'm amazed I have half the stuff that's on my phone!

Never mind. I figured it out (till next time). Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom