• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How do I lock my phone again?

tahjunk

Jan 12, 2011
Hi
I rooted and unlocked my captivate, but I now need to send it to samsung for repairs - my phone shuts down all the time, especially after a recharge.
I unrooted the phone using the update.zip from here, but I want to know how to lock it again. It should not keep on asking me the unlock code every time it boots up, which it is doing right now.
I need this fast, as the shipping label I got from samsung is only valid for some days, so I have to ship the phone off.
Thanks

Do not use Odin unless you have already hacked your phone and it is bricked. Using Odin is the same as flashing the phone and technically voids your warranty.

Also, There is an issue with Odin that makes the phone unable to update, so you will be stuck with whatever firmware version you have.

Plus if your phone came with the JH7 update, stock, Odin will only put JF6 on it and that will give AT&T a way to know you hacked the phone.

If the phone was frozen or bricked, then yes Odin would be the answer, but that does not seem to be the case?

Upvote 0
Do not use Odin unless you have already hacked your phone and it is bricked. Using Odin is the same as flashing the phone and technically voids your warranty.

Also, There is an issue with Odin that makes the phone unable to update, so you will be stuck with whatever firmware version you have.

Plus if your phone came with the JH7 update, stock, Odin will only put JF6 on it and that will give AT&T a way to know you hacked the phone.

If the phone was frozen or bricked, then yes Odin would be the answer, but that does not seem to be the case?

technically the OP already voided his warranty by rooting the phone. if he's sending it to samsung for repairs, they will re-flash stock firmware so he doesn't have to worry about possibly not receiving updates.

at&t doesn't care if the OP has JH7 or JF6 - they're both official.

but returning the device as is will cause questions.

ODIN :)

Upvote 0
technically the OP already voided his warranty by rooting the phone.

Missed that part, yep warranty is technically voided.

So...

JF6 via Odin, and JH7 via Kies.

Does that still work? Last time I tried it was not working anymore, if it does that still work, then it will take the phone to the stock JH7 and is great news :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones