• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do I log out of the Google account and log in to another one?

Biffos

Android Enthusiast
May 23, 2013
I registered a new Google account on the new Xiaomi Poco M4 Pro 4G. How do I log out of the account or how do I set up or activate or add the Google account on Poco that I had on the old Xperia to get all data/chats from WhatsApp to Poco?

Or can the desired account in WhatsApp on Poco be selected after installing WhatsApp when WhatsApp asks when you start it for the first time whether the chats / data would be taken over from the old WhatsApp?

OK, thank you, so one obviously can create a new Google account while being logged in to the old one.

On your phone, go to your chrome browser where you're signed in, Go to myaccount.google.com. In the top right, select your profile picture or initial. Select Sign out or Sign out of all accounts.
Yes, I had been there before, again I cannot find such an option.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
The option to log out "delete" my Google account shows up for me. Sorry it doesn't work for you. Here's a picture of what i get, you can see i can delete my Google account

Attachments

• Signoutaccount.png
    Signoutaccount.png
    52.8 KB · Views: 73
  • signout2.png
    signout2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 72
Upvote 0
I registered a new Google account on the new Xiaomi Poco M4 Pro 4G. How do I log out of the account or how do I set up or activate or add the Google account on Poco that I had on the old Xperia to get all data/chats from WhatsApp to Poco?
Or can the desired account in WhatsApp on Poco be selected after installing WhatsApp when WhatsApp asks when you start it for the first time whether the chats / data would be taken over from the old WhatsApp?

There are lot of misconceptions in your posting. First off, with WhatsApp, it's very proprietary and maintains its own services. There's a backup/restore feature in the WhatsApp app itself that's the recommended way to transfer your WhatsApp content from an old phone to a new one.
https://faq.whatsapp.com/618575946635920/?cms_platform=android
Just use the WhatsApp app to backup your WhatsApp account data on your old phone and then use the app's restore on your new phone. It's the by design, recommended way to switch.

It may be too late at this point but it would have been easier your Google account from your old Xperia to your new Poco. Since you've created a new Google account for new phone, file transfers and account data are going to be a more involved project.
Keep in mind that there's the primary Google account you initially used to set up your phone. That's what the background processes like the Play Store and other Google apps will initially be linked to by default. You can however use the same email/contacts/calendar as that same primary Google account or a different Google account, or a completely different email service (i.e. MS Outlook, Yahoo Mail, etc.) But with one Google account tied to your old phone and a different Google account tied to your new phone, the base Google accounts on each phone are now instead not going to be able to automatically sync with each other. If you did however intentionally want to 'start with a fresh, new Google account' on your new phone, than well never mind.

Upvote 0
Thank you very much!

It may be too late at this point but it would have been easier your Google account from your old Xperia to your new Poco.
Now I can't just sign in with the old Google account (from Xperia) in the new phone and back up the data on the old phone and restore on the new one? Is there a downside to signing out of the new Google account on the new phone and then signing in to the old one? I don't have any new programs in the new phone yet, so far I've only transferred the contacts from the old phone to the new phone.

So should I log in to the old Google account on the new phone I had with the old one and back up the data on the old phone and restore on the new one or log in to the new Google account on the old phone and back up the data on the old phone and restore on the new one?

Upvote 0
I was referring to it might be too late if you've been using your new phone a lot so that point it's been set up with your new Google account and would be a lot more work to switch. But if you haven't established that new user account on your new phone, and you still have your old phone available, you'll find it easier to switch your original Google account data from your old phone to your new phone easier.
Don't forget a new Google account involves things like a new Gmail address that you have to then notify all your contacts about the changeover you made. Or use your new phone with it's new Gmail address and services but add in your original Gmail and services as secondary accounts to your email/contacts/calendar apps.
Running two concurrent Google accounts on one phone does involve some forethought. It's more seamless to just maintain the same Google account but having multiple Google accounts is something a lot of people do use. I have a personal and a separate work-related Google account for example.

It depends on what you want to do. If you want to essentially start over from scratch than keep using your new Google account on your new phone. If you'd prefer to transfer over your originally established Google account data, reset your new phone and set up that Google account on it.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones