• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I remove an old amber alert from august that keeps popping up?

Phone is a Kyocera Hydro Life
Android Version 4.2
service provider is metro pcs

This happens every time I get an incoming call. I have turned off all alerts except for presidential, I tried removing the battery and sim and sd cards. I've tried clearing caches, but no matter what I do I can't get the old amber alert from august 6 to stop popping up whenever anyone calls my phone. I have to dismiss the alert to even get to the screen to answer the call. I tried calling the phone service I use (metro pcs) and they said they had seen this once before and could not resolve it at their store and wanted me to upgrade to a new phone. I currently have a kyocera hydro life. Using Android 4.2

Google searching has failed me. I don't want to factory reset yet, but I am about to try that too.

Before trying a reset and losing data, try clearing the system cache:-

1. Turn off your smartphone
  2. Press and hold the "Power" and "Volume down" buttons at the same time
  3. Once the phone vibrates, release the "Power" key
  4. The "Android Recovery" screen should appear
  5. From the Recovery menu, press "Volume down" and navigate & highlight "wipe cache partition"
  6. Press "Power" to select the highlighted option and begin the cache wipe
  7. Once the process is complete, "Reboot system now" will be highlighted
  8. Press "Power" to restart your device

Upvote 0
Before trying a reset and losing data, try clearing the system cache:-

1. Turn off your smartphone
  2. Press and hold the "Power" and "Volume down" buttons at the same time
  3. Once the phone vibrates, release the "Power" key
  4. The "Android Recovery" screen should appear
  5. From the Recovery menu, press "Volume down" and navigate & highlight "wipe cache partition"
  6. Press "Power" to select the highlighted option and begin the cache wipe
  7. Once the process is complete, "Reboot system now" will be highlighted
  8. Press "Power" to restart your device
I did this, it didn't work. I've also tried uninstalling various apps, nothing seems to work. This alert still pops up every time I get a phone call and its very annoying.

Upvote 0
I've never had that prob before… . but can i append to your thread and ask how i can block any future "president-alerts"?

Apparently "Trump Alerts" can't be blocked, except by turning the phone off, putting it airplane mode, etc.
https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-45730367
"Unlike other alerts - such as natural disaster warnings - there was no way to opt out, except switching a device off or otherwise blocking its connection."

Reactions: Rico ANDROID
Upvote 0
Apparently "Trump Alerts" can't be blocked, except by turning the phone off, putting it airplane mode, etc.
https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-45730367
"Unlike other alerts - such as natural disaster warnings - there was no way to opt out, except switching a device off or otherwise blocking its connection."
i was afraid of that… :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones