• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do I unlock my phone, if it was locked by my network carrier? (METROPCS)

Lurker
Probably posting this in the wrong place, but I didn't see the other categories fitting my question more.

My metroPCS phone is locked, and won't accept any other sim.
I also happen to be outside of the US, so going and getting it unlocked by them is a no-go.
My phone is a LGMS770.

Hi,
Carrier unlocking is controlled by and varies by carrier. I've moved this thread to the Metro PCS forum where other customers may be able to provide guidance. Good luck. :)

Probably posting this in the wrong place, but I didn't see the other categories fitting my question more.

My metroPCS phone is locked, and won't accept any other sim.
I also happen to be outside of the US, so going and getting it unlocked by them is a no-go.
My phone is a LGMS770.
Well, if you actually do have the LG MS770, that is the LG Motion and it's a CDMA phone that Metro no longer supports. Metro is only supporting GSM phones now. There is no unlocking that phone. Even when Metro was a CDMA network, they wouldn't unlock that phone to use on other networks.

Well, if you actually do have the LG MS770, that is the LG Motion and it's a CDMA phone that Metro no longer supports. Metro is only supporting GSM phones now. There is no unlocking that phone. Even when Metro was a CDMA network, they wouldn't unlock that phone to use on other networks.
Is there any way to unlock it myself?
I'm really new to this so bare with me if what I say is incredibly stupid.
Can I somehow wipe the android system off the phone and install it again but without the lock thingy?

Is there any way to unlock it myself?
I'm really new to this so bare with me if what I say is incredibly stupid.
Can I somehow wipe the android system off the phone and install it again but without the lock thingy?
No, this phone is a CDMA phone. MetroPCS doesn't even run a CDMA network any more. They run a GSM network now. Are you still using this phone? I guess another question would be how are you using it overseas? And where overseas? Or are you just using it as a Wi-Fi only device?

No, this phone is a CDMA phone. MetroPCS doesn't even run a CDMA network any more. They run a GSM network now. Are you still using this phone? I guess another question would be how are you using it overseas? And where overseas? Or are you just using it as a Wi-Fi only device?
Using it only as a wi-fi only device.
So no way to unlock it?

Back
Top Bottom