• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do you delete contacts?

Ok, I know how to generally delete contacts, but sometimes when I'm texting someone or making a phone call and hit the address icon, I get a whole different list of contacts. Contacts that I want to delete and get rid of, completely out of my phone.

I've looked online for this and found nothing.

I've played around with hooking the phone up to my pc and going through the folders in it, and have not found anything relating to where these other contacts are stored.

There seems to be 3 or 4 different contacts listings in this phone. How do I access them ALL and get stuff deleted?

If I am correct the ones you are seeing are basically a cache of those contacts. Not sure if you can delete them but pretty sure as time goes by and as long as you don't click to use those contacts you want deleted they will fall off the list over time as other more used contacts take their place.

You could always back up your contacts use your computer to delete all the files you find that you believe are for your contacts reboot your phone and any missing folders and files needed for contacts should be automatically recreated when you install your backup. Not sure if this will work but worst thing you would have to do a reset.

Of course you can always just reset the phone too.

Back
Top Bottom