• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do you load epub books into A100?

sjdomin

Lurker
I have a large collection of epub books that I would like to bulk-load into the external SD chip on the A100. Normally, I would use Calibre but Calibre does not recognize the A100 as a device. Calibre is what I used for he Coby Kyros 1705A and it worked perfectly.
I can Copy epub books onto the SD chip via the USB cable, but the files will not open in any reader that I have installed. I know if I Download an epub book (eg, from Manybooks.net) it will show up in FB Reader but I'm talking about more than 1200 books-it would be tedious beyond words to Download them individually.
Does anyone have a method that would work?
Thanks

Put them on the external SD card by drag and drop. I've transferred books by dropbox.

Where did you get the books? Are they generic epub?

I have quite a few Sci-Fi books. However, I got most of them from Project Gutenberg or Creative Commons. Both are free, so the epub format is generic and they open in any epub reader. Also, a bookseller with no ties to a device will probably have a more generic epub. I'm not sure about B&N or Amazon. Both sell devices. Google books should read.

I use FB reader on the Acer with no problem. Others like Aldiko, or Mantano? There's plenty of free readers.

I have Calibre and have had no trouble with epub. That's why I'm wondering if there isn't some DRM involved.

I have no problem getting the bookls onto the SD chip by drag and drop. The problem is trying to find and open them in FB Reader after they are on the chip. I've tried ES File Explorer and other programs but nothing will open the files or transfer them to FB reader.

You need to find the external SD card.

Hit the books icon in FB reader - device>mnt>extsd>then your file. That should open the books on the card. I have mine listed as books and ebooks.

books icon is on the top right. Looks like a couple of books stuck together.

Thanks! That worked (after I realized that I had to go to File Tree first to find mnt)
Really appreciate your help

Back
Top Bottom