• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do you turn off auto controls

scargill

Lurker
Aug 2, 2012
The iPhone is a rubbish video camera but can produce decent results with apps that turn off the auto controls. No such apps appear to be available for the Galaxy camera. While you have manual mode for stills, once you put the camera into video recorder mode, while you can turn the brilliance up or down a bit- you can't seem to turn off auto level controls or auto-focus - which makes the videos look downright amateur.

Has anyone found a solution for this camera to turn the whole lot off and let you get on with making a video.

I managed to get an external mic working incidentally - pinout is not what you would expect and you need a minimum 1k resistance either in the mic or a series resistor. So now the sound is perfect, I just need to stop the brilliance bobbing up and down all over.

Thoughts? Solutions anyone?

Just thought I would say a few words about the Galaxy Camera in video mode....You can put it in manual mode but the EV keeps shifting the exposure...so really nothing you can do about that. You can buy a special cablke that allows you to route the sound using a powered microphone or line in at iPhone 1/8 inch microphone adapter - 3.5mm 4 conductor TRRS Male to 3.5mm Microphone Input Jack, check the different types of cords available for your particular situation.

Back to the Galaxy Camera...There seems to be no way to lock the exposure in video mode...so that leaves only one option...get another camera or wait until Samsung or an independent developer creates a video app for that specific device.

I must say though that if you are in an environment that is an indoor show it has worked quite well for me in manual mode.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones