• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How Does Metro's Data Stack Up?

HotRoderX

Android Enthusiast
Jul 21, 2012
I wanna start with saying I am very very pleased with my Metro service. The data speeds to me are amazing and with unlimited for 55 dollars right its even better.

My question is what are other carriers data speeds like? The only other carrier I know data speeds for (this is based off a IPhone something) was sprint. That is my buddies phone and he hates it he gets around 1-2 mb's connection.

I am just curious what the other guys have.

I wanna start with saying I am very very pleased with my Metro service. The data speeds to me are amazing and with unlimited for 55 dollars right its even better.

My question is what are other carriers data speeds like? The only other carrier I know data speeds for (this is based off a IPhone something) was sprint. That is my buddies phone and he hates it he gets around 1-2 mb's connection.

I am just curious what the other guys have.

Around a gig a second here on Verizon. :thumbup:

Upvote 0
That's pretty darn fast. If I wasn't with Metro, Verizon was my second choice. I think their contract for unlimited is better than the others. Plus, I like some of their phones better than others:D

Yeah there pretty beast. I had them but when the best phone they had was the lg optimus the first one. Lol
Nvm idk what it was called lol.

Upvote 0
it all depends on your location and also how much interference there is getting from the tower to you.i get great speeds on sprint(vm) just 5 minutes away from my house
Screenshot_2012-08-31-10-21-04.png

but once im home it is painful.those speeds in that link are not even my best.i can easily break 15k on multiple speeds tests in a row.im only getting between 1.2-2.0 with metropcs but that is a lot better then the speeds i get with vm at home and close to what i got with tmobile

and if you notice that -120 dbm top left of the screen thats another reason why i gave up on vm.this phone(evo v) has had that error since launch and the only way to fix it is to either update your profile whenever it happens or to root.

Reactions: Twin Prime
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones