• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How does my phone know...?

This isn't a support question, really. I'm just really curious about this.

Let's say I'm sleeping and I receive an email over night. When I wake up, I see the blinking LED on the phone, and I know I've got an email. Then let's say I get up and go to the computer and sit down. As soon as I sit down and start using my computer, my phone then notifies me about the email via vibration or sound, depending on my current volume setting.

Never fails. Somehow... it knows when I've started using my computer. More specifically, it may be as soon as I open up Gmail in my browser window. Still... it's quite mysterious.

Another thing that's kinda weird about this is... why would it need to notify me about an email I got a while ago? Generally it vibrates or sounds the moment I receive the email. When this happens, I already have the email... and when I start using my computer, it notifies me again.

So strange.

I would check your alert settings for both your Gmail account and the phone.

Well, I don't know exactly what I'd be looking for there. In my phone's gmail settings, there isn't anything that would explain this behavior. Oh, by the way, I've got the original Motorola Droid with the Ultimate Droid ROM.

Back
Top Bottom