• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How has nobody figured this out yet? (Bettercut)

ttamnedlog

Android Enthusiast
May 2, 2010
It seems a lot of people use Better Cut, and with it being a paid app, you would think people would know how to use it to its full potential.

However I can't replace the camera icon, and when googling the issue, it seems nobody else can either. Yet nobody has figured out a solution?

Where can I go to learn to make a shortcut from scratch? I figure that must be the only way to successfully change the camera icon.

What are you trying to replace the camera icon in?

I use bettercut to insert custom icons into the dock in launcher pro. Is that what you need to know?

I can show you the steps
For the dock, I just let LP handle the custom icons itself.

No, I need to replace the camera icon as just a regular homescreen icon. When I select the camera activity, and create the new shortcut, it says "Application not installed on phone" when clicking that shortcut.

Upvote 0
So Im sure youre already doing this but this is the steps I take to create a custom shortcut

Long press screen, choose "shortcuts"
Choose "bettercut"
Choose "activity"
Choose "camera"
Choose "change icon"
Choose "pick from icon pack"
Choose whichever icon
Choose "create"

I might not be understanding your problem but it created a custom camera icon/shortcut for me with no problems

Upvote 0
So Im sure youre already doing this but this is the steps I take to create a custom shortcut

Long press screen, choose "shortcuts"
Choose "bettercut"
Choose "activity"
Choose "camera"
Choose "change icon"
Choose "pick from icon pack"
Choose whichever icon
Choose "create"

I might not be understanding your problem but it created a custom camera icon/shortcut for me with no problems
Yes, that is what I am doing. Except I choose a picture and not an icon pack. But all the rest of the steps are the same. The shortcut is created and placed on a home screen, but when I actually click on it, it says "The linked program is no longer installed on your phone."

Are you saying that you can create the custom shortcut for the camera... and it actually WORKS? Cuz I can make the shortcut, it just doesn't actually bring up the camera.

That's why I was wondering if there were instructions anywhere on how to make the shortcuts from scratch. Using the Action, Data, and Type commands. I'm assuming the default Camera activity obviously isn't actually pointing to the Camera... so I need to write a shortcut from scratch.

Upvote 0
Im sorry, now I fully understand your problem. It did that for me too. "Application not found" or something along those lines.

I did find another way to do it but you will have to purchase another program (actually there is a lite program but I dont know the limitations of it, you can probably try and see if it works). Its called folder organizer.

Basically you assign an icon from a pack or picture and then after choosing to add a shortcut you choose "folder organizer item". It will then come up with a list of all your programs just like the shortcut key does. You then choose whichever program. It should be the custom one as long as you assigned it to the program beforehand.

And I did try it for the camera and it worked beautifully. Try the free version and see if it works. I have the paid version but Im not sure what the differences are between the two.

This is also how you can insert custom icons into the LP dock.

Reactions: ttamnedlog
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones