• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How hot is to hot?

Generally speaking what is to hot for a tablet to run? Are they like cell phones and tend to warm up heavily with lots of use?

The sensible part of a phone or a tablet is its Li-Ion battery.

The Li-Ion battery's temperature operating range is:
for discharging -20C (-4F) to +60C (+140F).
for charging 0C (+32F) to +45C (+113F).

The battery won't be charged if the temperature is below 0C (+32F) or above +45C (+113F) because the phone's charge controlling will project the battery.
Therefore it'll shut down charging until the battery's temperature will meet again the charge operating range.

Harry

Upvote 0
Cool thanks for the answer I was using my tablet today and it got up to 108 degree's and I was not sure if that was over heating or not. I did have the Power Saving features off and screen brightness up to 100% While watching a video. I was not sure what the safe temps where thought and if I had exceed them.

Sounds like I have nothing to worry about thought at 140f holding the thing would become a major issue lol.

I really had nothing to base what safe temp is other then my cell phone and my kindle fire that seems to be made of icecubes... thing never goes over 88 degree's its freaky.

Reactions: Harry2
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones