• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how long does it take your screen to wake up?

russ9127

After the phone is asleep how long does it take for the screen to show up after pressing the unlock button? Mine takes a second or two, which I feel is too long? An iPhone and other phones wake up instantly. your thoughts?

After the phone is asleep how long does it take for the screen to show up after pressing the unlock button? Mine takes a second or two, which I feel is too long? An iPhone and other phones wake up instantly. your thoughts?

Mine would wake up pretty much instantly.

Yeah thats what I would expect it to do. Its a little frustrating. I guess I will have to go to att or something.

Im doing a factory reset. I had the same problem on my captivate. The two apps that they had in common are launcher pro and fanc widget. So maybe one of them is slowing down the wake up.

This happened with my iPhone 3G and it is happening with my Atrix so by now I am used to it and it doesn't bother me enough to get an exchange. I just press the button as I am taking the phone out of my pocket so by the time it's out, the screen is on.

This happened with my iPhone 3G and it is happening with my Atrix so by now I am used to it and it doesn't bother me enough to get an exchange. I just press the button as I am taking the phone out of my pocket so by the time it's out, the screen is on.

My captivate did the same thing and when I got my atrix I was excited because it bugged me so much. Now after two days, my atrix is doing it. ATT would want a 35 re-stocking fee to switch it out. Guess its not worth it

My Atrix is instant, my Iphone 3GS lags though might be because Itunes won't let me download the new OS keeps losing the connection one reason I quit using an Iphone...

My Atrix is instant, my Iphone 3GS lags though might be because Itunes won't let me download the new OS keeps losing the connection one reason I quit using an Iphone...

Do you have launcher pro or adw? I might see if ATT will give me another atrix to see if it is faster. This is really bothering me now

Do you have launcher pro or adw? I might see if ATT will give me another atrix to see if it is faster. This is really bothering me now
Mine takes half a second to load...which I think is pretty instant, lol. Was it always slow since you got it or wsa it after you downloaded apps. Have you tried uninstalling some of your apps? Might be one of 'em is the culprit. Best way to know if it's one of the apps you've installed or the phone itself, do a factory reset.

Half a second would be perfect. Mine takes about two full seconds for the screen to turn on. I thought it was apps, but i have done two factory resets and it has not helped. It is fine when it is charging. Do you use any launchers? Or stock motoblur?

Half a second would be perfect. Mine takes about two full seconds for the screen to turn on. I thought it was apps, but i have done two factory resets and it has not helped. It is fine when it is charging. Do you use any launchers? Or stock motoblur?
I've used stock for a few days (just to see blur) but running ADW right now. the load time is just fine. If you have to wait 2 seconds for it to load after a factory reset...then it might be the handset. Hopefully your next one won't have this issue :/ If you turn the screen off and on often, those 2 seconds can be a PITA.

Yeah I am running ADW right now and I like it a lot better than anything else. My captivate did the same thing so maybe I am just cursed with phones. I want to switch it out, however ATT wants 35 dollars to switch to another device since I am still within the 30 days. They say it is a warranty issue, but I do not want a refurbished device. I am on the phone with motorola right now, but I doubt they can do anything.

Just went to ATT and got a new atrix. Was perfect until I updated. Now it is taking just as long to unlock as my first one. I am seriously considering trading to the inspire since this is extremely frustrating.

I had this same problem when I got my Atrix on March 3rd. From time to time it would take a few seconds to unlock. I have not rooted my atrix either. Then on the night of April 1st of all days , I could not unlock the phone at all!! The phone was on, I had just sat it down for about 15 minutes. Came back to it and it would not unlock. No matter what I did. I tried holding down the unlock button for several seconds. Nothing. I ended up having to take off my Otterbox Defender case and remove the battery and put it back in. The phone worked after that. I was really worried that the phone was just going to get worse so I took it back. I had 2 days left on my 30 day trial. They gave me a brand new one and so far its working great. Oh and one more thing, I did do the software update on the old phone after it wouldnt unlock and it still would hesitate when trying to unlock.

Back
Top Bottom