• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How many apps is too many?

I'm wondering if anyone has reached a threshold for too many apps on their incredible? i.e. performance decreases.

I have 123 apps totaling 115mbs of space. Some of these apps perform similar functions and I'm still trying to figure out which works best for certain purposes.

I noticed earlier (probably around 100 apps) that I sometimes get a stutter when scrolling through the all programs screen in icon mode. Right now, I have it in list mode and I have no issues.

Yesterday, I noticed a notable slowdown with Apps Organizer. It scrolls down perfectly, but when I scroll up, it is extremely slow and stutters a lot. I'm wondering if this might just be an issue with the app itself not being able to handle too many apps.

So I'm trying to figure out if anyone here has noticed any performance issues related to a high level of apps? I like to avoid clutter but at the same time I'm not sure if it really matters or not on Incredible to a certain extent. It is so easy to grab a an app again that I can clean it up if necessary, but should I have to?

Yup any more than 42 and your device will die and your family will suffer. Its well documented.

Back
Top Bottom