• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How many Thunderbolt owners are in a 4G City?

Does your Thunderbolt have access to 4G?

• Total voters
Strong 4G here in Pittsburgh. Only time I've lost the 4G signal is when I went into Dave and Busters for 2 hours.

40675822.png

Hartford, CT, dont know why it says secauscus but yeah this phone is like amazing with 4g

Wilkes barre / scranton, pa here. there have been signs of 4g in lehigh valley, so hopefully it's coming here sooner than later

I work in the SF bay area and am on it currently for the first time. Yikes, it considerably faster than 3G. No connection issues or other problems to note. No 4G at home yet but I usually use my wifi connection anyway. On the list for this year, although.

Can anyone post the link to VZW's interactive map that details what states and their cities have 4G coverage?

I was the link once before in a thread but I can not find again

Houston, everywhere inside the loop and south to Pearland. Not sure about the north side.

FWIW
DLM

Minneapolis/St. Paul has great coverage. I am 30 miles west of minneapolis and always have 3-4 bars 4G, except one day when I couldn't get out of 1X.
Other than that I am very happy here. That is why I switched over from the EVO. Sprint 4G didn't come out this far and was very spotty in the city.

4G by the end of the year here in Jackson, TN....and planning on moving to Phoenix this year as well....so I'm covered either way!!!

40675822.png

Hartford, CT, dont know why it says secauscus but yeah this phone is like amazing with 4g

I get spotty coverage around Hartford, depending where I am in downtown I have it. And depending where in the Pratt plant I am I have it. I like how Hartford is not on the coverage map too.

NYC... strong signal. I was out of town this weekend and on 3G... wow what a difference. I never really realized how much faster 4G was until I was back on 3G

Im in west virginia, i have 3g where i live but have to walk a mile to get 4g lol which is at my friends house down the road.

I am in an LTE city (Metro Detroit) and I've traveled outside my LTE area twice in the last week.
I don't want to sound like a jerk...but until you get LTE on this phone you really don't know what you're missing.
I know...the battery will drain faster. Damn it's worth it.
If you have a real fast Internet connection at home with WiFi, that will give you a taste. Now picture taking that everywhere.

I opened up the browser out of town yesterday and thought something was wrong with my phone, then realized it said 3G up top.

Spoiled...all I can say.

Strong in the Southern suburbs outside the beltway of Houston, TX.

But when I go to work it's pretty non-existent.
But then I never had a strong 3G signal at work either, so my hopes weren't too high for 4G. Work is in Baytown, TX.

Back
Top Bottom