• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How many times can you exchange for another captivate, in those 30 days

Several people have stated that they have signal issues with the Captivate, and that the newer firmwares are helping with that quite a bit.

Crossing fingers, and looking forward to evaluating.

FWIW, I got an EVO 4G when they came out, as did several of my coworkers. I returned it because, though it was great at what it did, it wasn't as portable/pocketable as I liked.

But, I knew that FroYo (aka Android 2.2) would greatly speed them up, and I wanted to test it. it certainly ran Java faster, and seemed to be great. I returned the EVO, however, and picked up a Captivate for the graphics coprocessor and smaller physical dimensions.

Now, my coworkers are reporting that 2.1 was more stable. they have had crashing and lockup issues on the EVO since going to 2.2. Understandably, that's only four people. But, it is also 100% of my sample group.

It doesn't start over. You have 30 days from the initial purchase to make a decision as far as I know.

That's on the contract for service.

I exchanged my second Captivate yesterday, the music player was crashing, stuttering and freezing the night before, I called AT&T and they told me to bring it in for an exchange. When I was in the store I asked them how many times would they exchange them and they said until you have one the works properly. They also told me that I have another 30 day warranty on the new one. The corporate store nearby is very helpful in resolving these issues. I know they rung it as a return and new purchase because the manager had to override the activation fee.

It doesn't start over. You have 30 days from the initial purchase to make a decision as far as I know.

That is incorrect if you do it properly. I bought my 1st captivate and returned it on day 28 late in the evening which restored my ability to upgrade. I then went the following morning and "bought" a new captivate. Nice part was, when I returned it, it gave me a "valued customer discount" of an additional $100 on a new phone. They waived the restocking fee as I complained about the GPS problem (which everyone is very aware of). So the next day I bought the phone for $49.00 plus tax and have a new 30 days....

I got a second Captivate today as a drop-ship advance for my first one, with the wifi and GPS problems that I may have mentioned.

They initially told me it would be two weeks for a ship. to which I replied that two weeks is going to eat into my evaluation period. The Amazon Wireless CSR told me that he would annotate the account to allow another 30 days on the second phone.

Hope that helps.

Back