• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How much app/user space we will have on Epic 4G?

Well my bro has an Ego and he has 80 apps with over 250 know remaining on internal memory. I assume the epic will have comparable numbers... if so this will be more than enough for me.

For a device that is suppose to be able to play all the 3D games I find 1GB is pathetic. The ATT and Tmobile version both got 16GB. I would have traded that for flash.

I'm old - and can't remember the name of is - but isn't there something out - or coming out - that allows you to run app off the SD Card?

I'm guessing that they weighed the cost of the physical kb, flash, etc - and decided to skimp on the memory.

I'm old - and can't remember the name of is - but isn't there something out - or coming out - that allows you to run app off the SD Card?

I'm guessing that they weighed the cost of the physical kb, flash, etc - and decided to skimp on the memory.

You can install apps2sd to get this functionality if you're rooted. Froyo (Android 2.2) will have this built in. The galaxy S phones should receive Froyo by the end of the year.

You can install apps2sd to get this functionality if you're rooted. Froyo (Android 2.2) will have this built in. The galaxy S phones should receive Froyo by the end of the year.
Until then 512 MB should be plenty for apps I think/hope.

Thanks for helping out an old guy! LOL That's it!!!

Apps install to the 1GB ROM partition where the OS resides, until apps2sd is officially supported in 2.2 at which point they can be installed to the SD card. There is no 512MB partition there is 512MB of RAM which is the amount of system memory but it is not storage space or read only memory.

Apps install to the 1GB ROM partition where the OS resides, until apps2sd is officially supported in 2.2 at which point they can be installed to the SD card. There is no 512MB partition there is 512MB of RAM which is the amount of system memory but it is not storage space or read only memory.

In Captivate, there is 16GB memory, and in my understanding out if this 512MB is RAM, approx 15.5GB ROM (out of which 2Gb is for OS itself and app installation, and rest 13GB is for user media/data). I wanted to ask what such is memory distribution for Epic. As far as I read, Epic has 512MB RAM, and 1GB ROM. Out of 1GB ROM, how many MB's does OS provide for app installation and would user have any amount of space available for pictures/media storage at all (like captivate has 13GB) or every kind of media/user data has to go to external SD?

Back
Top Bottom