• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to activate CM 7.2 without cell plan

I just dug out my old Incredible and flashed Cyanogen Mod 7.2. I've long since switched my cell phone plan to another device, and after flashing, got stuck in an "Activate" loop that wouldn't let me finish setting up the phone without contacting Verizon. I don't want to set up service on this phone, just use it as a media player and extra web-connected device, so I felt stuck.
However, I finally figured out the following sequence of steps, which let me finish the setup:
1. At the Activation screen, press the Home softkey. This takes you to the home screen.
2. Connect to a wireless network so you have Internet access.
3. Open the web browser, go to google.com, and log into your google account.
4. Reboot the phone.
Upon rebooting, the Activation screen should include a Skip button, and you should be presented with all the remaining screens necessary to get your device up and running.

Reactions: Gibby999

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones