• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to "Air browse"

jwither

Android Enthusiast
Aug 19, 2011
Underground
I posted this in the "Verizon owners" thread, and since it took a bit to figure out how it worked, and several YouTube reviewers never got it right, I thought it might be worthy of a new thread.

The biggest issue with Air Browse is that it only works in a select few applications, like the stock e-mail app, when you're reading an e-mail (not the folder list), or when you're using the Samsung music player, while the track is in full screen.

For pictures, it's not the folder list, or the thumbnails, but when you're viewing a single image, you can scroll them left or right.

The option is under Motions and gestures, Air gesture, Air Browse, and it DOES say "Move between pictures, pages, or music tracks"

Pictures = pics in full screen
Pages = viewing an e-mail in full screen
Music tracks = when the song is in full screen

I posted this in the "Verizon owners" thread, and since it took a bit to figure out how it worked, and several YouTube reviewers never got it right, I thought it might be worthy of a new thread.

The biggest issue with Air Browse is that it only works in a select few applications, like the stock e-mail app, when you're reading an e-mail (not the folder list), or when you're using the Samsung music player, while the track is in full screen.

For pictures, it's not the folder list, or the thumbnails, but when you're viewing a single image, you can scroll them left or right.

The option is under Motions and gestures, Air gesture, Air Browse, and it DOES say "Move between pictures, pages, or music tracks"

Pictures = pics in full screen
Pages = viewing an e-mail in full screen
Music tracks = when the song is in full screen

just tried these for the first time myself. It does seem limited in what you can "air scroll". Email I noticed it working. Couldnt get any pictures or music to scroll. Not sure what "full screen means"

Upvote 0
just tried these for the first time myself. It does seem limited in what you can "air scroll". Email I noticed it working. Couldnt get any pictures or music to scroll. Not sure what "full screen means"
In the Gallery, tap on a folder, then tap on an individual picture, and the air scroll will work. This assumes you have more than one picture in the folder, else there's nothing to scroll to.

In the Samsung music player, the view must be the album art for one song taking up approx 2/3 of the screen, with the controls below it. If the view you're using shows a list of songs, with the album art and controls below, tap the album art for the song you're listening to, and that will be what I referred to as "full screen".

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones