• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to block the ability to reply to all on a group text

Apologies in advance but I obviously can't get my search right to bring up any useable results.

When I send a text to multiple recipients, how can I block their ability to reply to all? In other words, can I make sure when they reply they only reply to me?

Thanks in advance.

I don't see how you would be able to control how they reply to your message. You can't even do that in standard e-mail clients (from what I've seen). If you could, then that would save 80% of my work networks bandwidth through the exchange server, lol.

But I wouldn't think they would even see everyone else that the message went to, let alone reply to them all..? Though I very rarely send out group messages.

I don't see how you would be able to control how they reply to your message. You can't even do that in standard e-mail clients (from what I've seen). If you could, then that would save 80% of my work networks bandwidth through the exchange server, lol.

But I wouldn't think they would even see everyone else that the message went to, let alone reply to them all..? Though I very rarely send out group messages.

Sure you can, it's called Blind Carbon Copying in any email client.

Of course they can't see who the message went to, but they can see the replies back. That is what I want to stop.

Of course they can't see who the message went to, but they can see the replies back. That is what I want to stop.

Stop sending mass texts?

Save your friend spam for email.

Don't send mass texts. If you want your friend only replying to you, make sure the message is only addressed to them. Unless there is a way to use BCC in SMS.

Back
Top Bottom