• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to change my primary Google Account?

RingMAny

Lurker
Hi everyone,

A little while ago, I deleted my Google account and created a new one. Unfortunately, it has given me problems on my android. Now I just receive constant error messages on my phone telling me I need to sign in and that the password is wrong. But the account doesn't exist any more, so I can't enter the password.

I have created a new Google/Gmail account on my mobile, which I now use to access Google Play. However, it still gives me the error message for my old Google account. No matter what I do, clear the notification, unsync, use my new Gmail, clear the cache and stop the app, it does not get rid of it. I tried going onto the account and clicking "Delete this account" but it says it will need to be a factory reset.

So my question, is there anyway to correct this problem or change the primary Google account.

Recap:
*I created a Google account and used it with my Android.
*I deleted my Google account and created a new one.
*I now receive error messages telling me to sign into my old Google account which no longer exists.
*I need to get rid of my old Google account and set my new one as the primary as it's messing up all my apps such as Gmail and Google play.

Any tips of suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

I think you may be stuck with a factory reset. Are you on lollipop?
Can you log into your new google/gmail account on the web? Maybe if you can, there are some things wrong there?
I am surprised more people don't seem to post about issues with multiple google accounts on android/lollipop?

Back
Top Bottom