• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to change the txt message background color?

sdh73

Background color in txt'ing was originally black.

It got swtiched to white with the new OS (KitKat I assume).

Can I get it back to black?

Edit: Another question. I also see the carriage return button is replaced with a shortcut to an emoticons menu. Can I get back the CR button? Believe it or not, yes I actually use CR's in txt's more than emoticons.

PS, I hate this new OS version.

Open messaging, (stock app, I assume), menu, scroll down to display, there you should have options for background style and bubble style. Hope it helps.

Open messaging, (stock app, I assume), menu, scroll down to display, there you should have options for background style and bubble style. Hope it helps.

There is no such option on my phone (Droid Razr M), at least that I can find in the stock txt'ing app.

Has anyone else found this option?

I apologize, I used to have one of those phone and do not anymore... I have more options in my settings. I can possibly get ahold of a RAZR M and see what I can find out....

I tried Textra but didn't like it. The composition window got reduced to 1-line-of-text height when holding my phone horizontally. Can that be customized? The pictures in the Google Play page conveniently are all vertical.

On my Droid Maxx in horizontal it starts with one line and then expands to two lines and then expands to three lines and then scrolls.

In verticle it scrolls after six lines.

... Thom

Back
Top Bottom