• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to: Changing trackball color!

BlueDC2

Android Enthusiast
Trackball Transplant - xda-developers

I know not everyone here is a member at xda, so I figured that at least a few people on here have eris's that they are willing to void their warrenty on (even more than they alread have with leaks and rooting :p)

This isn't with an LED, it is the actual trackball.
Seems pretty easy, anyway, thought I'd share.

Thanks for posting. Not sure I have that much courage. I do wish the stock trackball would do more than white.

No problem. I'm sure after some searching people might find a few different colors, or maybe try to change the led somehow. I didn't know how simple it was to get to the trackball itself though.

Sounds like a fun time. I personally don't mind the white I think it looks cool. Other colors are cool but way too scared I'd mess something up lol.

Looks like a really cool idea, but not worth loosing warranty in case there are other issues that happen!

Yeah, I suppose if your rooted you could always go back anyway. If you have insurance, and something breaks (not because of the trackball) you could just say you lost it. [NOT SAYING IT'S COOL TO BREAK THE PHONE DOING THIS AND THEN GET A REFURB]

You would still have your original trackball, you could always put that back before sending it in and just hope they don't look.

Or, you might just have an eris as a play-with sort of phone, so f*** it, get a cool trackball.

Now that shows pure determination right there. Some people are gonna change that trackball color at any expense. HA! :)

All you have to do is color it with ur favorite flavor of permanent marker. Works just fine. :) go ahead and try it... promise

All you have to do is color it with ur favorite flavor of permanent marker. Works just fine. :) go ahead and try it... promise

I can't even tell if you're being serious.

I'd try a hilighter of some color probably, since that lets more light pass through, but I bet a permanent marker will stop it from glowing!

That's neat but I don't want to void my warranty. I like the idea of the marker, but can we see pics of this with the light on?

Back
Top Bottom