• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to clean phone for performance

OcK1er

Lurker
I'm having trouble understanding why my overall internal memory keeps taking more space and I maintain system memory every few days such as clean web history, cache messages call history and my app killer I use everytime I want to play games. But there it is still slowly reaching its limit. Currently I have 38.52 MB. Anyone can provide answers would be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried clearing all the caches from your apps?

I know SkyFire is horrendous with its insanely large cache, try clearing that if you have it. Or any other browsers you have.

Do you have a lot of MyModes? I found that if I made a lot of those, my internal memory seemed to decrease.

Have you rooted? On some ROM's, the memory can fluctuate on its own, despite what is actually being used, and this problem is especially prevalent whilst downloading or updating apps, but that depends of the ROM.

I just figured out clearing all caches from every individual app brought me back to damn near all internal storage or cache size I have not seen since I first had this thing. Iliketrains if I didn't get it myself I would thank you a million but this whole experience has opened my eyes.

I can tell you right wayto clean and how to really save space! First of all of your texts & emails take up alot of space!! You have to delete them often, but most importantly, after deleting all of them, you must take out your battery for 30 seconds and reboot. This clears all of that junk out! If not anything you delete just sits on your phone in junk storage that you can't access and manually delete. I know this for a fact because I had soooo many issues including space and this solved all of them. BTW, this was what I was told by a tech at HTC, the maker of the phone, so its a fact!;) Hope it helps!

Back
Top Bottom