• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to clear temp info in internal storage?

IndivisibleP

I am not sure if the title clearly expresses what i am trying to get at but I'll try to explain.

As some other Nexus owners I am sure are experiencing, there is a constant problem with the 198 MB of internal storage always being on the verge of its 20 MB warning limit and subsequently effecting the functionality of the phone (i just saw the other day that I cant receive text while that "storage full" warning is up).

Anyway I also realized that some of the stuff that fills it up and puts beyond the limit must be temporary info created by the system or apps. because if i turn the phone off and on again, it resets back a few MB and I am ok.

I just want to know if it is possible to reset/delete that info without having to turn the phone off? Is there some temp files or something I can delete?

thanks all...

Clearing the browser cache will grant you a few MB until it fills up again.

True, you can also download Dolphin Browser HD and it gives the option to store cache on SD.

The issue with clearing application temp data is that save games and application settings can get wiped as well.

If you are rooted, you can try a2sd scripts to move applications to an ext partition on your SD Card (re-partitioning your SD Card will wipe all data on it, so back it up first!!!).

This is what I do so I don't run into space issues at all. I only have a 512MB ext3 partition and even with heavy usage (I use my phone for work and personal) I have never run out of space.

Back
Top Bottom