• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to completely wipe everything from my Nexus

darkcyber

Android Expert
I am selling my Nexus and want to make sure I completely wipe everything off of it. I know I can boot into either TRWP or ClockworkMod and wipe everything there, but besides doing the regular wipes, I will need to wipe the sdcard as well...correct? And then that wipes everything from everything...correct? :D

That will wipe everything but the sdcard. Everything will still be on the sdcard. I installed ROM again via CWMR and then did a format on the sdcard.

I meant flashing a factory image through the bootloader, not recovery. Part of the procedure is formatting and re-flashing every partition, which includes the userdata partition. So there's no way the sd card would be intact after flashing one.

I meant flashing a factory image through the bootloader, not recovery. Part of the procedure is formatting and re-flashing every partition, which includes the userdata partition. So there's no way the sd card would be intact after flashing one.

OK, Got you now. Yep, that would do it.

Back
Top Bottom