• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how to desable or remove accuweather widget from the lockscreen?

lr1517

Really annoying a lot of times I unlock my phone that stupid widget takes over my screen, anybody knows how to get rid of it?

Really annoying a lot of times I unlock my phone that stupid widget takes over my screen, anybody knows how to get rid of it?

On the lock screen itself? Or on the home screen after you unlock the phone. If it's the latter, just press and hold the widget for a couple seconds then select remove from the little menu that pops up.

Oops, just saw the title. Don't about a widget for weather on the lock screen. Anyone?

Tap on the Settings button, tap on Settings > Device > Lock screen, Then turn off Multiple Widgets. That should do it.
On mine, that gets rid of everything but the weather. You can still pull the clock down and see it.

Reminds me of an old joke, something about a guy that walks into a Doctor's office...

Anyway, the answer might be to install an alternate lock screen app.

I randomly got rid of it on about day 3. But I was so green* I have no idea how it happened. I shifted it so it is right at the end and not on the home screen.

*[First Smartphone.]

Note3bsmiley_zpsc29b2f9a.png

On mine, that gets rid of everything but the weather. You can still pull the clock down and see it.

Reminds me of an old joke, something about a guy that walks into a Doctor's office...

Anyway, the answer might be to install an alternate lock screen app.
That's more like re-sizing the clock widget j. I think Ir1517 was talking about seeing them when you swipe right or left sometimes. Cool tip though, I'll put it in the tips and tricks thread.

Once you've pulled the clock down to get the weather widget, you can long press on it and drag it to the top to delete it.

Unfortunately none of the above has worked, I have multiple widgets turned off, the widget appears when unlocking from top to bottom and long pressing the widget won't move it anywhere.

perhaps screen shots would help.. i've read the whole thread and would've assumed at least one of these guys who have replied would've already helped you..

I just figured out how to do it. There should have been a setting under lock screen that disabled the widget but in my lock screen settings it only asks what preferences I want. The weather widget on mine said AccuWeather.com on it so I searched for that and found it in my widgets that came on the ROM, ie you can't uninstall it. My device is rooted so I used one of those app freeze apps to locate the widget and disable it. Restart phone, all good. The app I used was called disable manager. The icon is a green android with a No symbol in front of it. It gives you two lists, one apps, the other system processes. The widget was under System tab under the name weather widget. Hope that helps. Took me a couple weeks to figure that out! I think you have to be rooted.

OK go to setting.
Next go to lock screen
Next go to show information
Next uncheck show clock and date

It will still actually show the time and all but problem will be fixed.

Also, this problem is a hidden widget just barely showing at the very bottom of the lock screen. When you touch it, it triggers the weather to come up wanting you to download the app. The is a fault of the developers overlooking this. They were trying to make it appear offscreen but for larger phones it still shows. Hope this helps.

Right. I also had a problem with the accuweather splash hijacking about 40% of my home screen with the default settings on my phone. But it wasn't an android thing. It was a custom home screen installed by either my phone manufacturer (alcatel) or my carrier (tracfone). When I went to Settings>Home, there were two options - "Android default" and "Simple UI". On my phone which had the weather splash on by default when I received the phone, "Simple UI" was selected by default in Settings>Home. When I switched the Settings>Home selection to "Android default", the accuweather splash on the home screen disappeared. Also, the app icons on the home screen were previously overly large. But changing this setting re sized them to normal, allowing ten or fourteen icons on the home screen with the search bar removed - my preference anyway.

Back
Top Bottom