• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to dis-sync account?

zac1987

Lurker
There is android app that need to sign in using my google account openID, so I need to sign in my google account on the phone (galaxy sl). I already disable "auto sync" option, but I am not sure why the phone auto sync sometime, maybe it is because I didn't disable "applications can send, sync, receive data at any time".

When the phone auto sync, it show all my private blogspot pictures on the phone Gallery album, omg!:eek: So I look into the "setting > Accounts and sync > google account", then I saw Sync Contact, Sync Picasa Album, Sync Calender. I want to disable Sync Picasa Album, and unable Sync Contact. But there is not option for me to disable Sync Picasa Album.

Compare to Galaxy S2 which has several checkboxes to allow user select which account to be sync and which not to be sync. I asked the Galaxy S2 user to try the steps :
1) sync Picasa Album (check the checkbox),
2) go check the phone Gallery album see whether or not the pictures appear,
3) uncheck picasa checkbox,
4) go the phone Gallery see the picture still there?
He said when he did 4th step, all the pictures are disappear, so it mean he can choose which account not to be sync.

My Galaxy SL doesn't has checkboxes, how can I choose which account not to be sync? I did tried to download some Android app to handle account sync but Android App with checkboxes also can't prevent the stock account sync software from auto sync my Picasa Album... sad case.

In other word, after the phone auto sync my account, how can I dis-sync it without removing the account?

TRY THIS!!!
Settings>Accounts and Sync

Tap Activate auto-sync
Tap your Google Account
then uncheck Sync Picasa Web Albums
back Tap Activate auto-sync for uncheck.
DONE

NOTE : After you do this method, Never tap Sync Picasa Web Albums forever :D

with this method you never lose your photos on picasa web.

TRY THIS!!!
Settings>Accounts and Sync

Tap Activate auto-sync
Tap your Google Account
then uncheck Sync Picasa Web Albums
back Tap Activate auto-sync for uncheck.
DONE

NOTE : After you do this method, Never tap Sync Picasa Web Albums forever :D

with this method you never lose your photos on picasa web.

worked perfectly on my Xpro, thanx :-)

Back
Top Bottom