• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to fix audio

papichulo916

Hey everyone, I just got this phone a few days ago and I really like it, except for the way the audio sounds when plugged in to my car stereo. With the old phone that I had the songs were very well balanced in bass and treble, but now with this phone and I guess the built in audio settings or whatever they don't sound quite the same. Either a song has too much bass and low vocals or lots of vocals and not enough bass for my taste. I've tried the stock walkman application and changing the audio settings within the app, I also tried apollo reborn music app but when I click in audio settings in that app it doesn't bring it up...do y'all have a preferred music app that would let me tweak the settings a little more or how to disable sony's audio processing or whatever?

do y'all have a preferred music app that would let me tweak the settings a little more

That's why I like Walkman; I have EQ settings defined to suit my own taste rather than some anonymous engineer with better hearing than me. :)

how to disable sony's audio processing or whatever?

Disable ClearSound to start with, as it makes automatic adjustments to audio.

Set the EQ to OFF and play a selection of tracks through your car's head unit; the bass/treble balance should be the same as heard via other sources.

Experiment with the various EQ presets to tune the output to your liking, but don't take the descriptions at face value. Try them all, and if/when you find one that's near to what you want, copy the settings to one of the User Defined presets and fine-tune that to suit.

As an alternative, PowerAmp Player is very popular and allows considerable 'tweaking' of the audio output.

Mixzing is a free media player replacement that has a great eq. Power am pay costs money though it's eq is the best I've used.

IMHO the best stand alone (not designed to send a digital signal to another device) app for music is Neutron...You can configure the daylights out of the sound to get what you want.

Back
Top Bottom