• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to fix non certified device? Thanks for help

islamusic

Lurker
I bought at a seller in Brazil's Amazon my cell phone and when I was updating it turned off and didn't worked anymore. I sent to the seller who returned my phone working but with this non certified software. Any ideas? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20230227_085322.jpg
    IMG_20230227_085322.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 122
I bought at a seller in Brazil's Amazon my cell phone and when I was updating it turned off and didn't worked anymore. I sent to the seller who returned my phone working but with this non certified software. Any ideas? Thanks
this is why you do not buy used phones, especially online. you need to meet the person at your local provider and turn it on. this way if there is an issue either turning on or an issue getting service, you can either talk to the seller or have the cell provider salesperson or tech person help trouble shoot the phone.

rather than go thru the hassle of getting it fixed, i would return the phone and get your money back.

plus i can't translate what is on the screen. also you posted this in the rooting forum. is the phone rooted? what phone do you have?

Double check for root. There are several apps that check for root, try downloading Trustd from Play Store. Virus total app is very useful as well.

Double check for root. There are several apps that check for root, try downloading Trustd from Play Store. Virus total app is very useful as well.
I had this issue, it was from a malicious play store overlay/update. I went into settings, apps, playstore, disabled. Then clicked top right menu (3 dots). Clicked uninstall updates. Cleared storage, and proceeded to do same with Play Services app. Then re-enable both. Open play store, go into settings, click about, and under play store version, click update play store. Repeat until it says you're running current version. Last step is to go into Phone Settings, Security, and it should show Google Play System Update, check that and it should update play services and add security patch.

this is why you do not buy used phones, especially online. you need to meet the person at your local provider and turn it on. this way if there is an issue either turning on or an issue getting service, you can either talk to the seller or have the cell provider salesperson or tech person help trouble shoot the phone.

rather than go thru the hassle of getting it fixed, i would return the phone and get your money back.

plus i can't translate what is on the screen. also you posted this in the rooting forum. is the phone rooted? what phone do you have?
Actually it's not used. The seller is an independent in Amazon Brazil. They installed some f.... ROM and resulted in it. Actually I don't know if it's rooted. It's a Xiaomi's Poco M3 pro 5g. Thanks for the answer.

I had this issue, it was from a malicious play store overlay/update. I went into settings, apps, playstore, disabled. Then clicked top right menu (3 dots). Clicked uninstall updates. Cleared storage, and proceeded to do same with Play Services app. Then re-enable both. Open play store, go into settings, click about, and under play store version, click update play store. Repeat until it says you're running current version. Last step is to go into Phone Settings, Security, and it should show Google Play System Update, check that and it should update play services and add security patch.
I'll try this. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom