• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How-to Flash Verizon LG Vortex to Cricket

Here's the guide I used to flash my phone to cricket. You will need LGNPST or QPST. Here is a link on how to use QPST. You can also do some service programming directly on the phone by dialing ##LGSERVICEMENU or ##5473784236368 if you are on a stock rom. You will not be able to flash a PRL tho which is the main thing that needs to be done to actually get on the network .

If you program the information from your current Circket phone into your Vortex you will have semi-working 3G depending on what plan you are on (idk if that is against terms of service).

Note: The 45 dollar plan seems to work better with this phone than the 55 despite what the guide says. You need to use greenk45 which can be found in the play market for a $45 plan to work. Cricket wouldn't let me have the $45 dollar plan on an android phone though. I have constant issues with the 3G not working properly on the 55$ plan. There are known issues with other optimus variants not working correctly with 3G on Cricket's network.

I will provide links to as many of the files needed as possible.
Google Search for QPST 2.7 Build 366 Download
Cricket PRLs
Greenk45

Back
Top Bottom