• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to format a SD card to use it in android phone

Is there any specific way to format an SD card so that we can move the apps onto it? I messed with with a dozen of posts in various forums and Facebook groups regarding moving apps onto SD. I know that it's quite easy in my MOTO E if that particular dev has allowed it to be moved but some 'geeks' (I don't know what term I could use to describe them because they are different for sure) argued that formatting an SD card in a 'specific' manner could help moving a large variety of apps onto SD card. Is it true?

Its possible to partition the SD card so the phone recognizes it as internal storage, but this is a matter best discussed in your device specific forum as it may not be available for your device.

Its possible to partition the SD card so the phone recognizes it as internal storage, but this is a matter best discussed in your device specific forum as it may not be available for your device.

Okay, thanks for the suggestion. Should I make a new post in my sevice subforum or can I ask any of the mods to move my thread? If yes to the second question, please move my thread to the Moto E subforum. :)

Moved to the moto E all things root section, because AFAIK it will require root for the implementation im thinking of.

Back
Top Bottom