• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to get Droid X back to stock from leaked 2.2.1

ewindham

Lurker
I am having a hard time finding a thread that matches my situation. My ex-husband rooted my phone and did some customized the rom. I'm really not to knowledgeable of this stuff. Anyways, I am needing to take my phone into verizon and I need it to look like it did when I got it. I already unrooted it last night and got rid of the clockwork mod recovery green screen that comes up when it reboots and did a factory reset. I also uninstalled bootstrapper and terminal emulator. I can't do a system update because I have the leaked 2.2.1 from probably over a year ago. Please, I need help getting back to stock so that I can do the OTA update and get things back to normal and something simple because I am new to this. Thanks!

Phone info:
System version: Fission_2.4.5
Model number: DROIDX
Android version 2.2.1
Baseband version BP_C_01.09.07P
Kernal version:
2.6.32.9-g5562e1
w30471@il93lnxdroid08 #1
Build number: Fissio_2.4.3
ERI version: 5
PRL version: 52644

Welcome to the forum ewindham. All you need to do is SBF that phone to .602 and then take the latest OTA to .605 and you will be golden. Here is the link with all the info you will need to do this. And trust us, it's ALLOT easier than it sounds.

http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...ad-602-sbf-root-process-updated-9-9-11-a.html

Make sure your battery is fully charged and read every step thoroughly before you begin flashing. Come back and ask questions if you need more help.

I don't want to get gingerbread. I want to get back to 2.1 from froyo. My phone is not rooted anymore does this complicate things?

Welcome to the Forum. You will find plenty of help here.

if your taking your phone into VZW and want it too look stock then you need to use the guide provided above to get to .602

then Just take the OTA update to .605

No. You CAN put it back to stock Froyo but your phone will probably, at some point, force the GB update on you anyway. But what you put on the phone doesn't really matter as you said you were bringing it back to VZW right?

Is it in need of repair or are you trading up?

ok, I understand more now. I am downloading the files to my computer now. Is it fine to put them in a folder on the desktop and unzip and follow the directions from there?
I am taking it in to verizon for repair.

yeah your going to want it on .605 because if your not on .605 and you take it in because your having issues the first excuse they're going to give you is "oh you just need to update the software" ...which is not the case more than likely.

Thanks for all of the wonderful help! We will see how well I can do this. I may need help if this does not go well :)

lol well I did it! and I updated to the latest software and have my google account synced and email set up. I am very proud of myself haha
Thanks again to all who helped out! I can sleep better now :)

Back
Top Bottom