• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to get Windows product key

Go to settings>sytem>about> and in the middle of the page you should see "Change product key or upgrade your edition of Windows". Click on that and it will probably say "Windows is activated with a digital license".

That means you won't need a key to activate as it's tied to your hardware.

Upvote 0
Go to settings>sytem>about> and in the middle of the page you should see "Change product key or upgrade your edition of Windows". Click on that and it will probably say "Windows is activated with a digital license".

That means you won't need a key to activate as it's tied to your hardware.
Thank you for your help.

Have a nice day

Upvote 0
If you are going to re-install Windows, then I would do it via the Settings. This way, keeping your data, or starting from fresh. The starting from fresh option, also has the option of reformatting the hard-drive or not.

This way, you do not need to know the licence key.

I am not at my Windows 10 computer, so the exact path within Settings I can't see.

Best regards
Sleuth

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones