• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to go to download mode no OS

zz77

So I have no OS installed and right now I'm in TWRP how can I go into download mode without a OS. Is there a way without turning off my phone because it says there is no OS when in the reboot options in TWRP.
I went to sammobile the model I have is the
SM-N960F/DS and I don't know which firmware I should download?

Why are you afraid to turn your phone off? Getting into these modes always involves rebooting the phone while pressing some buttons.

The consensus of the first few search results seems to be that you shut the phone down, press and hold volume down and bixby buttons then (while holding them) plug in a USB cable which is connected to a computer.

Of course if you really don't want to turn off you may be able to use ADB to force it to reboot into download mode (I know there are adb commands to reboot into recovery or bootloader, but download mode is a bit more vendor-specific to less confident there, and I'm not really a Samsung expert). You can run adb when in TWRP (or always used to be able to).

The alternative is to copy a ROM onto you phone (via microSD card + a card reader or ADB sideload while in TWRP) and use TWRP to flash it. Really once you have TWRP you should take a backup before you do anything else, since you can then use the backup to restore your ROM (rule 1 of Mod Club: always take a nandroid before you change anything on the phone).

Which stock firmware to use depends on your full model number, but if you know which country it was originally sold for that will probably suffice.

i second on making nandroid backups.....especially if you are gonna be making changes to your phone. nandroid backups are kind of like save points in a video game. if your phone ends up not working right or you do not like the changes you made, you can always go back to a previous nandroid backup.

also just remember as long as you have a custom recovery (twrp) all is good. you can always flash a custom rom or flash back to a previous nandroid backup.

i second on making nandroid backups.....especially if you are gonna be making changes to your phone. nandroid backups are kind of like save points in a video game. if your phone ends up not working right or you do not like the changes you made, you can always go back to a previous nandroid backup.

also just remember as long as you have a custom recovery (twrp) all is good. you can always flash a custom rom or flash back to a previous nandroid backup.
I flashed the Galaxy Project and it worked got my phone back thanks.

Back
Top Bottom