• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to know is my s7 with broken screen is working or not ?

walidabou

Hello everyone.
I have samsung Galaxy S7 with broken screen, It doesn't show anything. And I need to know If the device's hardware is working and just the screen is crashed, or the device is totally dead. Because I want to buy a new touch screen and replace it.
I got the phone from my firend and he told me that the phone is working and just the screen is broken.
When I plug it on the charger it shows the red light at the top leftة but when I try to to turn the phone on, NO SIGNAL OF WORKING. No welcome tone is heared, No lights...
And when I plug it to my laptop it show "usb not recognized".
I am confused.

Could you explain more about why you think the screen is 'broken'?
If the display is dead, how can you see that NO SIGNAL OF WORKING message? Typically, you should not be able to see any activity on the screen if it is broken.
This sounds more like the phone needs to be re-flashed with a working ROM so it's functional again, or that there's just some other problem, maybe software, maybe hardware, that's causing the phone not being able to boot up properly, not necessarily the display. But whatever the case, this doesn't appear to be a good buy, can you return it to your 'friend'?

Back
Top Bottom