• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to make sure apps store to sd card

Blazin65

On Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE, how can I get apps to store on the SD Card, and also, how can I move already stored apps to the SD Card?

Currently installed apps are trying to download updates and say they can't, because my phone says there's no memory.

I thought I already had the apps set to go to the SD Card. Apparantly I was wrong. Now I can't even figure out how to fix this issue or setting.

Help?

On Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE, how can I get apps to store on the SD Card, and also, how can I move already stored apps to the SD Card?

Currently installed apps are trying to download updates and say they can't, because my phone says there's no memory.

I thought I already had the apps set to go to the SD Card. Apparantly I was wrong. Now I can't even figure out how to fix this issue or setting.

Help?
This phone doesn't have the ability to move apps to the SD card.
You can do it if you're rooted. You have to create a 2nd ext4 partition on your SD card and use link2sd (must be rooted for this) to symlink the apps. No other way to do it on the victory.

What about the other part? Can I not have "new apps" stored onto the SD Card? Where is that setting?
No you cannot. This phone has no native apps to SD function. No phones running jellybean (android 4.1 to 4.3) have the ability. Some phones running KitKat have the ability, but not all of them. The only way to do it on the victory is link2sd, rooting your phone, and creating a 2nd ext4 partition on your SD card.
If your phone says its out of space, you need to free up some space. Clean out all of the junk files, and remove all the apps you don't use much. Too many apps also slows your phone down a lot. Trust me. If you use an app less than than once a week, get rid of it, its killing your performance.

Back
Top Bottom